Surrounding yourself with people who support your goals is one of the best things you can do to help you lose weight. Make sure they are people who will be honest, and who will help to keep you away from the sweets and sodas. If they aren't supportive, stay away from them.
A really good example of a bad buddy: my mother. When I went to her yesterday and explained my goal, she was nothing but supportive. Her exact words were "I think it's a great idea! In fact, I think everyone in this house (me, her, my sister, the exchange student, and even the dog) would benefit from a diet!"
Needless to say, I was happy. I had a small support circle to help me (consisting of her and my wonderful boyfriend - I'll tell you about his help when I'm done here), and I knew that between the both of them, I'd be kept away from sweets and sodas for at least as long as it took me to get to 110lbs.
Yeah...no. As I was sitting at my kitchen table eating breakfast (a bowl of cheerios sans sugar, a banana, and a glass of water...at 12:30pm), my mom decided to pull out the huge bag of Munchies (the ones with Doritos, Sun Chips, pretzels, and cheezies), and eat them right in front of me. I managed to hold out until about 6:30, when she brought them out again, and I had to give in. Then, what does she do? Insist on going to either A&W or McDonald's for supper. THEN, I come home and eat, and my sister arrives soon after.
Her birthday was January 1st...but she was stuck in the USA with her boyfriend (who lives down there) due to the fact that the I 94 was closed. It was finally opened enough this morning that they could get through. So, when they walked in the door, of course the first thing she did was open her presents, and then eat her cake. Naturally, we all had a slice to be polite.
See how my mom is setting a really bad example? Yeah. Don't pick someone like her.
Here's a good example: my boyfriend. I told him my goals yesterday at 2:30am. He's very supportive of my wishes, as long as I don't overdo it of course. He's helping me to keep on track by doing a couple things. First, he's gonna try to keep me away from the fattening cafeteria food at school, and also keep me away from the vending machines. Second, he's offered me some incentive to stick to this. Every five pounds I lose, I get either 1 hour of cuddling (haha...yeah I'mma get that anyways) or we'll see a movie. Once I hit 120, he's going to cook me a dinner himself (I love his cooking :D). And once I hit 110, he's going to take me to Boston Pizza (where I can hopefully find something healthy to eat).
See how this is helpful? :) He knows I love movies, cuddling, his cooking, and Boston Pizza.
Now I just need to be able to get at the elliptical...
That's all for now folks...Stay tuned for tip number 3: Low Impact Exercises for People with Injuries
-Kristin ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment